Macau Travel Guide – Macao Day Trip from Hong Kong
Come join us for a day trip from Hong Kong (香港) as we visit Macau covering the best things to do in one day in our Macau Travel Guide (澳門 – 澳门). We started off our day waking up early in Hong Kong to get to the ferry terminal to take a TurboJET ferry to Macao. *Important* remember to take your passport as you’re crossing one special administration region in China to another (Hong Kong to Macau) and you’ll need to go through immigration on both sides (it doesn’t take long).
After arriving we took free transportation (provided by the casinos and hotels) to check out the Venetian Casino and Parisian Hotel. Then we were off to Taipa to mostly eat Macau street food and enjoy the old colonial architecture. We then made our way to Senado Square, the ruins of St. Paul’s and Forte Monte while munching on plenty of Macanese street food before heading back to Hong Kong on a TurboJET ferry.
As you can see you can do a lot in just one day in Macau but a few things we didn’t get to do included gambling at casinos, going up Macau Tower or checking out the A-Ma temple. For more of the things we missed out on but are worth considering doing in Macau see our two lists below.
Things to do in Macau Travel Guide:
1) TurboJET Ferry ride from Hong Kong to Macau (噴射飛航) which takes approximately one hour – 00:15
2) Visiting the Venetian Macao (澳門威尼斯人度假村酒店) luxury hotel and casino resort – 02:36
3) Visiting the Parisian (Chinese: 澳門巴黎人) luxury hotel in Cotai, Macau, China – 03:30
4) Visiting Taipa Houses–Museum (龍環葡韻住宅式博物館 – Casas-Museu da Taipa) – 04:13
5) Visit Taipa (氹仔) to eat street food in Macau and wander around – 05:05
6) Macau egg pudding – 05:31
7) Macau Pork Chop Bun (豬扒包) – 06:49
8) Portuguese style Macau egg tart (蛋撻 – 蛋挞) also known as Pastel de nata – 07:39
9) Free shuttle by from the casino hotels – 09:00
10) Senado Square (Largo do Senado – 議事亭前地) town square – 10:04
11) Ruins of St. Paul’s (大三巴牌坊) – 11:22
12) Macau honey glazed pork jerky (豬肉乾) – 12:03
13) Macau almond cookies or biscuits (杏仁餅) – 13:25
14) Macanese Bubble tea with taro (波霸奶茶) – 14:24
15) Macao Museum or Macau Museum (澳門博物館 – Museu de Macau) – 15:26
16) Monte Fort (Fortaleza do Monte – 大炮台) – 15:44
17) TurboJET ferry ride from Macau (澳門 – 澳门) back to Hong Kong (香港) – 16:29
Things to do in Macau that we didn’t have time for on our day trip
1) Gambling at the casinos in Macau
2) Macau Tower Convention & Entertainment Centre (澳門旅遊塔會展娛樂中心) for views of Macau
3) A-Ma Temple (媽閣廟)
4) Grand Prix Museum (大賽車博物館)
5) Drink Portuguese wine
6) Macau Fisherman’s Wharf (澳門漁人碼頭)
7) Macau Wine Museum (葡萄酒博物馆 – Museu do Vinho)
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II:
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens:
Rode Video Mic GO:
Joby Gorilla Pod:
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro:
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Macau travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums and Macau at night and by day. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won’t find in a typical Macau itinerary, Macau tourism brochure or Macau city tour.
Macau Travel Guide – Macao Day Trip from Hong Kong Travel Food Video Transcript:
Well good morning from Hong Kong. It is seven in the morning. A little early to be out in my opinion but today we’re going to Macau. Special day.
So we’ve got our tickets for Macau. Woo! 160 Hong Kong dollars each. It is just over $20 US bucks and they give you your seats as you basically arrive. Just after you go through immigration. Yeah so we just got these little stickers. We’re 17M and 17K and guys don’t forget to bring your passport because technically you’re going to a different special administrative region. You’re going from Hong Kong to Macau.
This is part of our Travel in Macau video series showcasing Macau food, Macau culture and Macau cuisine.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network